Jewellery is such a fantastic way to accessorise. It is a simple, easy and affordable way of updating your outfit and making it unique to you. Here are some of my top tips of what to wear and how to wear it this season:
- This season we have seen the return of statement jewellery, think big bold and daring. If you don’t feel comfortable with large pieces, simply dress the wrist with an embellished cuff or stack up bracelets.
- Chunky necklaces can add volume to someone with a smaller chest.
- A long necklace will draw the eye downwards, disguising a tummy. Top Tip: If wearing a long necklace, make sure it ends well below the bust, as anything finishing directly on the chest will only draw attention to that area.
- Although big earrings are on trend, the style of them should be determined by your face shape. If you have a round face you should try to avoid round-like stud earrings, which will only accentuate it. Again if you have a long narrow face, steer away from long thin drop earrings.
- For ladies that prefer to wear dark colours such as a lot of black, or very plain simple clothing, accessories such as scarves, belts, shoes, handbags and jewellery can add colour, texture and excitement to an outfit.
I absolutely love accessories such as Jewellery, because they always fit! I think they say so much about a person and really depict their style. It is a fantastic way to update an outfit, and it need not cost the earth.
All women feel guilty about spending money on themselves. It is perfectly acceptable to spend it on the kids, husband or home, but spending it on themselves is somehow indulgent! This is such a poor excuse because you ARE worth it, so go on, treat yourself.
Article written for BetsyDaisy Jewellery